This is a reminder to SPS/HGTG Alumni
Do not release or share any photos that you receive from SPS/HGTG on social media or with any one outside of your class. This is a copyright violation and more importantly, as related below, could compromise the safety and security of LE or Military personnel.
I recently ran across a photo in a tactical publication that had been taken by me in one of our classes several years ago. This photo had not been published by us at any time. This particular photo was taken as a training record picture and provided to members of the class only. This release of this photo possibly compromised the identities of the operators who both ultimately have served in extremely sensitive assignments since that time.
Here are the updates for 2022. We are quickly filling the 2022 schedule.
Level I Sniper
4- 8 April 2022
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
LE Firearms Instructor
25 – 29 April 2022
Tipton County Sheriff’s Office
THIS COURS IS FULL
Level I Sniper
16-20 May 2022
Unified Police Dept. of Greater Salt Lake
Salt Lake City, UT
Level II Advanced Sniper
29 August – 2 September 2022
Elk River Training Center
Level I Sniper
19-23 September 2022
Utah Department of Corrections
Level IV Sniper – Mixed Terrain Target Interdiction
10 -14 October 2022
Elk River Training Center
LE Rifle Instructor
31 October – 4 November 2022
Martin Police Department
The first in a series of Flashbacks to our training history. This was our first course specifically for a Military client and helped launch us into a more prominent training profile as GSA training provider. This Customized Level I Sniper course was done for the TN ArNG 1/278th Sniper Section as a prep course for the NG Sniper School in 2012. These soldiers went on to excel in their sniper training. We are glad to have a had a small part of that, but it was their dedication and leadership that got the job done.
12 Operators from 5 agencies across Tennessee successfully completed the Level II Advanced Sniper Course 11-15 October in Johnson City, TN. The course was hosted by Johnson City P.D.
After our friends at Bear Aid dropped their sniper template from production, we began looking for a substitute and we found that there was none. Last year we started working on a design and came up with a pocket-sized 4″x 2.5″ template design that contains the most used/needed items that a logbook template should have. After several months of working with designers and manufacturers, we are proud to release the SPS Sniper Logbook Template . With 9 tools and several unique features, this sniper logbook template will be the new standard for logbook data collection. Our template is designed as the perfect companion for our logbook, but will also work with other logbooks that require the sniper to diagram targets. It is available in the SPS Gear Store page at https://sniperproshop.net/product/sps-sniper-logbook-template/
Back at SPS HQ after a 16 day training mission to Utah for Level I and Level II Sniper courses. Thanks to LT Dave J. at the Central Utah Correctional Facility in Gunnison, UT along with his crack CIRT team for hosting. CUCF took great care of staff and trainees providing support and even lunch daily! The class was a total success with all participants successfully completing the course. Also thanks to SGT Keith Jensen of the Sanpete Co. S.O. for assisting with the class on the ground.
The following week we were at Price, UT at the North Springs Shooting Complex where we completed a Level II Sniper course with operators from across the region. Thanks to SGT Dan C. and Unified Police Department of Greater Salt Lake for sponsoring and helping with the course on the ground. Already looking forward to going back to Utah in 2022!
Members of the Juneau, AK Police Department SWAT Team completed the SWAT Operator I Course last week in Juneau. We were fortunate to get to work with a top notch group of operators who displayed a great work ethic and willingness to push to their limits.
Thanks to JPD for the trust and opportunity and thanks to HGTG Guest Adjunct Dan C. for making the trek from Utah to work with me on the course.
Check out the highlight video on our Vimeo channel at: https://vimeo.com/595986961
Order now in the Gear Store!
Our latest Vimeo video shows some highlights from our SOST Program.
Our Special Operations Sustainment Training program allows us to work with client agencies, SWAT teams and Sniper Sections to customize an existing course or build a custom training event for the client to meet their training needs.
Okay, maybe the sentiment is too soon, but 2022 is inbound to your you position! We are busy planning our 2022 calendar and we are beginning to receive inquiries and hosting requests.
Host agencies for open enrollment courses should be aware of several things that affect the ability to host a successful course.
- Can your facility support a training event? Do you have adequate range and classroom facilities that can support the event that you are interested in hosting.
- What are your training needs? Host agencies receive tuition free positions in courses, but should consider whether they need more than just the free slot.
- What can you do to boost enrollment and ensure a full class? Host agencies need to be ready to provide the network support to let other agencies in the area know about the class and fill the roster. We expect hosting agencies to help with course promotion.
- What logistics are needed?
- Housing – adequate hotel facilities within reasonable proximity to the training site.
- Food Services – within reasonable proximity to the training site.
- Outreach to area agencies.
- Course logistics – assistance with locally sourced materials and support for the class.
- Support during the course – Host agency should be ready to provide a liaison who can support training events during the class.
- P.O.S.T. Submission – In Tennessee, host agencies will be requested to submit the course of instruction to TN POST through their GDI’s office so that personnel attending can have in-service credit for the class. SPS classes have been submitted and approved for credit for 20 years and counting.
Special Operations Sustainment Training
Our SOST program is designed to bring a specialized course of training to the agency based on the agency/team’s specific training needs. We have worked agencies in several states to provide custom training including:
- Sniper Sustainment Training
- Close Team Support Training
- S.W.A.T. Operator Course
- Fugitive Apprehension Specialist Training Course
- Tactical Firearms Training for Line Officers
SOST courses have become approximately 30% of our training calendar.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.952.9560 for hosting information packets or to inquire if your agency can provide the needed logistics.